What’s Rifle Deployment, you ask? Engaging with your rifle in a dynamic environment to defend yourself or others. In this class, learn to deploy your rifle, operate it efficiently, and move with it. We’ll start off with training which focuses on firearm safety, handling and operation, and marksmanship. After we dial you in we’ll turn the focus to positions and movement, because the AR-15 isn’t meant to be used while standing still!
(Caution: medium cardio training involved in this course)
- Firearm Safety
- Handling and Operation
- Fundamentals of Rifle Marksmanship
- Gear Talk
- Static Drills
- Clearing Stoppages
- Secondary Deployment
- Alternate Positions
- Displacement Cover (Barricades)
- Age Minimum: 16 years
- Bring your own lunch/water
- Wear pants (recommended, you will be doing positions on the ground)
- Wear shoes that can handle dirt and rocks (no exceptions!)
- Knee pads (optional)
- Eye and Ear protection (we can provide for an additional $3)
- Any rifle you provide must be either featureless California legal, or a legally registered AW. Proof of registration or featureless may be requested prior to class.
- and an open mind!
Burro Canyon Shooting Park
22100 East Fork Road
Azusa, California 91702
Selecting the Available Course Date will show you which Private Bay to go to on the day of training. Go to the Contacts page to download maps of Burro Canyon.
If there are no available dates, or you don't see a date that matches your schedule, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We can see about rescheduling a day just for you!
1-Day (6 hours)
Start time: 0900 hrs
Course length and difficulty is dependent upon the students’ performance and the instructor’s observation of the students’ physical and athletic abilities. Certain drills may be modified or removed for safety purposes.
email: info@calshooting for more information or inquiries.
Fundamentals of Rifle Deployment
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your own gun and ammo
- 400 rounds minimum, FMJ only please (no steel projectiles)
- 3 Magazines minimum
- Belt Rig with holster and 2 magazine pouches
- Dump Pouch (optional but highly recommended)