The side arm is the gun that is always on your person whether you are military, law enforcement, security, or a civilian during civil unrest. For some, it is their primary means of defense. If you're interested in competion handgun shooting, you know you also have to get your gun into action quickly. In this intermediate class, The Fundamentals of Handgun Deployment, learn to present your handgun from a holster efficiently and safely to stop an immediate threat as quickly as possible. Learn to shoot from multiple positions, on the move, and engage multiple targets. You will also become proficient at reloading. This course will give you the foundation for pushing your handgun skills to the next level.
(Caution: medium cardio training involved in this course)
If you carry a gun for self defense or for your job, it is your responsibility to train!
- Firearm Safety
- Warm up
- Gear Talk
- Fundamentals of Handgun Deployment
- Fundamentals vs Skills vs Tactics
- Displacement Cover
- Completion of the Fundamentals of Marksmanship (or equivalent)*
- Age Minimum: 16 years
- Bring your own lunch/water
- Wear pants (recommended, as you will be doing positions on the ground)
- Wear shoes that can handle dirt and rocks (no exceptions!)
- Knee pads (optional)
- Eye and Ear protection (we can provide for an additional $3)
- and an open mind!
Burro Canyon Shooting Park
22100 East Fork Road
Azusa, California 91702
Selecting the Available Course Date will show you which Private Bay to go to on the day of training. Go to the Contacts page to download maps of Burro Canyon.
If there are no available dates, or you don't see a date that matches your schedule, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We can see about rescheduling a day just for you!
1-Day (6 hours)
Start time: 0900 hrs
Course length and difficulty is dependent upon the students’ performance and the instructor’s observation of the students’ physical and athletic abilities. Certain drills may be modified or removed for safety purposes.
email: info@calshooting for more information or inquiries.
* Are you qualified for this course? Click here to find out.
Fundamentals of Handgun Deployment
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your own gun and ammo
- 500 rounds minimum, FMJ only please (no steel projectiles)
- 3 Magazines minimum
- Belt Rig with holster and 2 magazine pouches
- Dump Pouch (optional but highly recommended)