For home defense, the shotgun will definitely be your best friend in a fight agains an intruder. In this course learn to engage with your shotgun in a dynamic environment and learn to deploy your shotgun, operate it efficiently, and move with it. We’ll start off with training which focuses on firearm safety, handling and operation, and marksmanship. After we dial you in we’ll turn the focus to reloading, positions, and movement.
- Firearm Safety
- Handling and Operation
- Fundamentals of Shotgun Marksmanship
- Gear Talk
- Age Minimum: 16 years
- Bring your own lunch/water
- Wear pants (recommended, you will be doing positions on the ground)
- Wear shoes that can handle dirt and rocks (no exceptions!)
- Knee pads (optional)
- and an open mind!
Burro Canyon Shooting Park
22100 East Fork Road
Azusa, California 91702
Selecting the Available Course Date will show you which Private Bay to go to on the day of training. Go to the Contacts page to download maps of Burro Canyon.
If there are no available dates, or you don't see a date that matches your schedule, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can see about rescheduling a day just for you!
1-Day (7 hours)
Start time: 0900 hrs
Course length and difficulty is dependent upon the students’ performance and the instructor’s observation of the students’ physical and athletic abilities. Certain drills may be modified or removed for safety purposes.
email: info@calshooting for more information or inquiries.
Fundamentals of Combat Shotgun
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your own gun and ammo
- 200 rounds minimum, birdshot
- 5 rounds minimum, 00 buckshot
- 5 rounds minimum, slugs
- Belt Rig with shotgun shell pouch
- Buttstock shell holder (optional)
- Side Saddle (optional)
- Dump Pouch (optional but highly recommended)
- Sling (optional but highly recommended)