Do you need to keep up your training? Need to refine your skills? In our Advanced Handgun Deployment course, let us coach you to become a better shooter. We'll show you how to get a faster sight picture, and we'll test your endurance with handgun drills geared for cardio stress.
This course will give you the edge you need to deploy your handgun with confidence in the field.
(Caution: heavy cardio training involved in this course)
If you carry a gun for self defense or for your job, it is your responsibility to train! Now, more than ever.
- Firearm and Range Safety Protocol
- Warm up
- Sight Picture Acquisition
- Fundamentals vs Skills vs Tactics
- Displacement Cover
- Run and Gun
- Completion of the Fundamentals of Handgun Deployment (or equivalent)*
- Age Minimum: 21 years
- Bring your own lunch/water
- Wear pants (recommended, as you will be doing positions on the ground)
- Wear shoes that can handle dirt and rocks (no exceptions!)
- Knee pads (optional)
- Eye and Ear protection (we can provide for an additional $3)
- and an open mind!
Burro Canyon Shooting Park
22100 East Fork Road
Azusa, California 91702
Selecting the Available Course Date will show you which Private Bay to go to on the day of training. Go to the Contacts page to download maps of Burro Canyon.
If there are no available dates, or you don't see a date that matches your schedule, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We can see about rescheduling a day just for you!
1-Day (6 hours)
Start time: 0900 hrs
Course length and difficulty is dependent upon the students’ performance and the instructor’s observation of the students’ physical and athletic abilities. Certain drills may be modified or removed for safety purposes.
email: info@calshooting for more information or inquiries.
* Are you qualified for this course? Click here to find out.
Advanced Handgun Deployment
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your own gun and ammo
- 400 rounds minimum, FMJ only please (no steel projectiles)
- 3 Magazines minimum
- Belt Rig with holster and 2 magazine pouches
- Dump Pouch (optional but highly recommended)